Thread: Hakosukaaaaaaa!!!

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides

Hakosukaaaaaaa!!!

Wow! Shame quite a few of the pics don't work but its interesting reading.

http://mybuildgarage.com/2010/10/197...a-restoration/

Rides
    Just seen this post! That's Kev's KGC10 (GTR 'Clone') 1971 Skyline L28. Fantastic car. Needed a fair bit of work but all in all she's a lovely example.

Rides
    Excellent amount of work gone into that. And it's all paid off. I'm getting married in two years time and hoping to be able to find someone in the UK who has one that would concider driving me to the wedding in one for a reasonable sum. Anyone know of any tidy exames in the UK?

Rides
    JM -Imports has one of them coming in soon iirc. Asking is around 16k!
    Have been following that build above on a retro site for years...but lost the link.

Rides
    I can't even read that, the want for a KPGC10 is too painful.

I'll even take a shit one that doesn't work, I don't mind

Rides
    Oh sweet jeabus! So much win, so much want.
    http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/ni...-speed-manual/

Rides
    You can follow more recent updates on Kev's car here
    http://japanesenost***iccar.com/foru...pic.php?t=1600
    lots more Hako action in the JNC forums too!

I've seen a few around when I've been in Japan, lovely things.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
    Oh sweet jeabus! So much win, so much want.
    http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/ni...-speed-manual/
    That's not a Hako, that's two generations newer. Not sure I'd pay that sort of money for a C210 tbh.
    I really like the intermediate C110 version though.

Rides
    That is a great read, started on it once the kids were asleep and didn't stop until I was too tired to carry on. Working in London today so will read some more on the train in

Rides
    That guy must have more patience in his little finger than I have in my entire body.

Awesome car though.

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    That's not a Hako, that's two generations newer. Not sure I'd pay that sort of money for a C210 tbh.
    I really like the intermediate C110 version though.
    Yeah I realised that after. Still nice though lol.
    Cheers fro the link mate

Rides
    They were £30k+ when I looked a few years ago, didn't think they'd dropped 50% in price!

A guy on GTRreg has got one, I think it's a genuine GTR, can't remember his username but he should be easy enough to find.

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    They were £30k+ when I looked a few years ago, didn't think they'd dropped 50% in price!

A guy on GTRreg has got one, I think it's a genuine GTR, can't remember his username but he should be easy enough to find.

Alex B
    A genuine KPGC10 GT-R in minty mint condition is over 50K today, and they are rare as fook.

A tatty one would probably still be worth 25K, but nobody ever sells them tatty. They get kept, and restored because of my previous point.

Rides
    As Con2k hinted at:
    - the original Hako GT-Rs had the "S20", a 24-valve triple-carb monster producing 160hp in production trim, and well over 200 when racing. Which was a lot for a two litre engine in the late sixties.
    - the vast majority of non-GT-R Hakos had the L20, a totally different 12-valve straight six (the closely related L24 gave the 240Z its name)

The L-series comes in a variety of capacities, and in some forms can be taken out to over three litres. Most Hakos you see are not original GT-Rs and don't have the incredibly rare and pricey S20 engine, but some variant of the L-series instead. Many of them have however been modified to ape the GT-R looks to a greater or lesser extent, generally including having the wheelarch flares added. Kev's example is one of these.

Any nice Hako is rare and valuable, but as Clint says the original GT-Rs are massively more valuable.

I'd be happy with any Hako (C10) or Kenmeri (C110) 2-door with a decent L-series - super-cool cars

Rides
    Reviving an old post again.

samoht - a nice L28 or similar would be good! JNC is a great resource for information. (if you ignore some of the american members who think they are better than most).

KGC10 GT-X hard top for me. The GTR's themselves now are worth closer to £100k by the time you account for the exchange rate, also fee's of getting one back to the UK. In rare cases, you can find a genuine GTR with the rare S20 lump removed and replaced with a RB20DE and buy it cheaper, or even, a rough 4door GC10 low spec GT with the S20 engine fitted to it. The GTR/S30 (240Z) 'Z432' S20 engine's alone can fetch £10k. Personally, that's a lot of money that could be better spent on an alternative Nissan lump if you're not talking about a genuine GTR. But just my personal opinion. If sticking with something period, an L28 or even with a 3.1 stroker kit is in many ways a better engine. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to mod, more powerful. Just doesn't rev as high and you don't get that distinct twin cam sound. Or go Modern and run an RB, quite common in Japan is the RB20 (keeping it under the cheapr tax category), then obvious choices are RB 25/26/ DE/DET. V8's are rare in Japan for these cars to be converted so a V8 C10 can fetch as much as a genuine GTR. Alot more common in the states however.

There are now a small handfull in the UK and 20+ in the states. As far as I am aware, there are only 3 real GTR's outside Japan at my last count one here - (Alan T's white and blue Victory 50 Replica based from a road spec genuine GTR), one in the states and one in South Africa. There could be one in switzerland, I honestly can't remember.

As for other C10's, there are 4 I can think of off the top of my head here in the UK. One of those is a 4dr and another one will probably never see the road (imported in the 90's and never registered or even used since then due to a disappointment with what they were supplied with from an import company).
    C110's, I am unsure how many are here. There are however a handful of UK and JDM Spec C210's floating about.

Commonly come up on the internet and JDM FB groups etc etc but all in all, still a rare car. The advantage state side is the parts shared with the 240Z make life much easier for renewing 40yr old bushes etc. Slightly more difficult over here but almost ALL parts (gen and pattern) can be bought direct from Japan due to their popularity.

To some up - I love them!