Thread: Engine torque damper noise?

Flamethrower
    Rides

Engine torque damper noise?

Well this morning i fitted Tegiwa engine damper and all went on okay

After about 2-3 hours of it being on i found that i had a noise coming from the n/s footwell. Obviously engine related as when the revs were increased the noise increased.

As the damper is bolted to the head, is it possible that the noise travels up the damper and is echoed as it were through the chassis??

Rides
    That post sounds like its too stiff/hard (oooh err misses ),similar to the damper is a solid bar,I got 1 on both 13 and 14a and each can be rotated slighty on the rose joints quite freely,If your's is reluctant to turn its either set too hard or the joints are too stiff,if its new they might free off?,neither of mine were noticably fitted vibration wise on mine

Flamethrower
    Rides
    the rose joints are loose....i personally dont think its mounted right, but cant be mounted anywhere else on the head.
    Ill take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

Rides
    The one i fitted on my 14a was too long at first and I had to take about 10mm off the inner nylon/plastic bush tube thingy then it went short enough to line up with the bracket holes,
    If I had kept trying to force it shorter clamped in my vice it would have been solid like a steel bar , the 10mm made it fit but with some give/movement
    The design of both mine only fitted with the rose joints on top of the brackets so its a bit of an angle upwards to the turret