Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell are all the S13's???

Rides

Where the hell are all the S13's???

As some people may know im looking into coming back to 200 ownership but after perusal'ing through the for sale section, all i can see are 14a's! Left right and centre....so as per the title? Whats going on??? Theres not even many S13s on pistonheads (good ones anyway).

Ive finally decided to go for an S13, so then i will have owned an S13, S14 and an S14a. But im struggling now lol.

Anyone know of any other owners clubs for just S13's? Also whats an S13 like to live with on a daily driver basis. I do 50 miles a day (at least) going to and from work.

Steve

Rides
    you willl love it! mines stripped on ridiculously hard coilovers with the tightest seat ever and i always have a smile on my face and this is my only car

Rides
    14/14a's suck so people are selling them. 13's rock hard n shit, so no-one wants to sell theirs.

Rides
    They're probably scrapped due to rot and blown engines I'd reckon

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    14/14a's suck so people are selling them. 13's rock hard n shit, so no-one wants to sell theirs.
    QFT

even though mine is an absolute bag of arse, i don't think i'll be selling it soon
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    They're probably scrapped due to rot and blown engines I'd reckon
    And there, ladies and gents, is the difference between someone who has fond memories of past ownership and somebody who still owns one

Edit: And like Alan above, mine is a complete bag of spanners but it will never be for sale! Unless in lots of little bits.

Rides
    They are around, but they have hooked into 'drift y0' and are either total rotters, or hugely inflated prices. Hence why I have a nice and cheap 14a, rather than a 13. I looked at about 10 13's earlier this year, and every single one was either a rotten heap of iron, the block was on borrowed time, or the owner was a chav 'tard who treated their car like sh!t. Or a combination of the three.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post
    And there, ladies and gents, is the difference between someone who has fond memories of past ownership and somebody who still owns one
    Arry's was a complete bag of arse too though as I remember

No plans on selling mine either - unless someone offers me about 4 times the going rate

I'm going to sulk about Si's generalisation now though, I'm a none of the above

Rides
    Yours is a 180, it's excluded
    EDIT: Hang on, so was one of the cars I saw, and that wa a rustbucket, so, I'll point out that that was in feb, and yours wasn't for sale then

Rides
    i think u'll find them all in the scrap yard dude lol.

unless you have spend some riddulously amount of money welding them :P

Rides
    dont listen to all these guys you can find a good one! how much you lookin at spending??

Rides
    I have one ... and its not toooooo bad ... just needs a bit of welding here and there ...

no advisories on last MOT and seems to run perfect .. they are out there ... somewhere

Rides
    Try the scrap yards.

Rides
    Good cars do come up, but not often, I think.

Consider looking for a cheapish 180, at least if you find an unrusty shell and a lowish-mileage SR20 you've got the basics sorted. Sometimes people seem to pick them up for ~£3k or less in apparently decent condition. Importing yourself will cost a lot, but cars already in the country seem to come up for a fair bit less, occasionally.

but yeah, the S13 is basically a classic car, most of them are rusty and if you want a good one you'll need to be prepared to travel around a look at a lot of cars.

A stock S13 is fine as a daily driver, comfortable and relaxed & easy to park. Only issue is reliability, which really depends on the car you buy.

Rides
    my uncle got a red s13 mint really quick and light wight suff on it done 14.2 on 1/4 mile and ant even sage1 £2500 ?? but not for sale atm but will be soon

Rides
    I can see myself looking for another s13 in a year or two. :O

The rust factor will be top of the list.

Rides
    Import a 180 from Japan then it wont be rusty

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Consider looking for a cheapish 180, at least if you find an unrusty shell and a lowish-mileage SR20 you've got the basics sorted. Sometimes people seem to pick them up for ~£3k or less in apparently decent condition.
    Bought mine for 2k in a standard-bar-the-wheels state
    That was before prices started climbing mind. Has been used as a daily ever since without causing any issues
    I may have spent almost as much again on shiney bits since then though

Rides
    not sure why everyone is slating s13's i have 2 now, and not had much hassle needed starter motor but nothing major the rust can be a B***h though if you dont keep on top of it.

they are so well balanced its the only car (i had over 20 now) that i have never got bored of.
    I travel quite alot and they have never let me down, for something thats 21 years old im well impressed

although you can only fit mr yamamoto, dwarfs and midgets in the back.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    Import a 180 from Japan then it wont be rusty
    180sx will more than likely be the next move. A little bit tired of the CA18det.