Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My s14 B-road/skidder project

Rides
    tiny update, been driving it whenever ive had the chance, had my first time off the limiter today
    went for a drive and stopped for a couple of pics:

sorry about the quality, only had my phone with me.

Still getting used to the car, need to finish getting the alignment fully done. My short shifter rattle is getting on my tits, its worst as i went onto the m25 and it seems to rattle like a bitch at 70! We had some epic hale the other day and my sticker over the rear wiper hole decided to split so i need a gromet for that as well

Rides
    Tiny update, anyone that knows succumbs hill in caterham area knows its steep. So when someone stops on it and you have to do 20 odd hill starts it can get the clutch a bit hot. Basically my clutch is dead lol. I tried to give it some and it slipped and wont engage properly now. So today this happened:

Found that it was an exedy fitted in 2007. Part of it you can see in the bottom pic has a bit missing and the inner portion of the friction material is shiny and slippy.

the rear oil seal needs replacing which was supposedly done in 07 but i dont believe it. Will be popping down to Abbey tomorrow, see if they will refurbish the box for me as i cba doing it when the rebuilt engine goes in as its something i can run in now with the new clutch. reduce the risk of doing something bad in the future.

Rides
    Good update mate! Nice to see ya getting stuck in with the clutch so quickly. I hope youre keeping well mate, long time no talk!

Rides
    Few crap updates!

Firstly, i have got the clutch in and it is all good! need to bleed the clutch again as still not right but more issues than that.

I fitted some braided lines for my filter relocation and one decided to start leaking at the swaged portion. Not good for an 800 mile old part!

Went about replacing it with some of the 'do it yourself' hose that you can cut to length and then use a firtree fitting to install. Thats has now started to leak by the looks of it!

GGAAHHH!!!!!

I also had a little incident involving a kerb and a grass verge.

Wont say much but my back left alloy has that dent^

Knocked my tracking out which gave me the excuse of getting this:

On the upside i got a forge actuator to replace the old one and it pulls so so much better! with the lightened fly and now this it feels a lot better to drive and the boost is much more controlable on the greddy profec.

Also got alot of the engine bits out to check what i had and thought id get a pic

Rides
    looking good mate! that lot of parts look very nice! hope youre well, glad to see youre sticking it out, this will be a serious car when finished!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzle View Post
    looking good mate! that lot of parts look very nice! hope youre well, glad to see youre sticking it out, this will be a serious car when finished!
    Cheers bud.

Once the engine is in with whatever gearbox i go for and its running good it will make me smile!

Give it another couple of years and the bodywork will be all sorted too.

Rides
    Succumbs is a killer

JC SX

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JC SX View Post
    Succumbs is a killer

JC SX
    Bet it is a million times worse with your clutch! get plenty if practice on the hill you live on tho i guess haha.

Be good to meet up again dude. you live so close!

Really want a set of 17 Enkei RS-Evo's but finding them isnt easy. I think going down to 17's will get the ride height i want. Need to cut off the flange on the back of my exhaust and think about modding the others as well for a bit of room.

Rides
    My xxr's are now for sale if anyone wants them?

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ack-with-tyres

Decedied to get myself a set of Work d9r's. 8.5 et32 for the front and 9.5 et17 for the back. Wanted a set of these for a while. 18's for me didnt make sense for the ride height i want.

GOing to be tucking the exhaust up a bit and cut off the rear flange and weld it at some point.

Rides
    I managed to do a not exactly neat but quick job on the exhaust today.

I was scraping going up my drive, not much but enough. Now going with 17's im sure im gunna struggle more so decided to remove part of the issue.

Over the winter il probably chop the top 1/2 off too (miss the subframe) and tuck the exhaust some more.

Reckon ive driven her for the last time this winter now as well. Got an oil leak from my filter relocation line still even tho this is the replacement.

Got the final bits (bar crank. kind of important tho) through, mazworx timing chain tensioner and bolt kit (random hardware parts).
    Plan is now to get the crank checked when it gets here, then proceed with the machine work then build it up over the winter months!

Rides
    Looking good mate. Nice pile of parts building up there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    Looking good mate. Nice pile of parts building up there
    Cheers .

I'm letting the area down body wise on the 200 at the moment. Give me time and will be looking good.
    Attention to detail isn't as good as yours. Can't wait to see it sorted. How's the finger?

Rides
    Little parcel turned up today

Contained

Work D9r's
    17x8.5 et32 (meh) and 17x9.5 et 17.

Got these Nankang ns2r's for the back (255/40/17), got 225/45/17's for the front. Lets me dial out the camber ive got on the front.

XXR's are sold, will get them off tomorrow between my day/night shift and packaged up for the new owner.

Rides
    Awesome update? Nice to see something other than Rota's or xxr's.

Rides
    Awesome update? Nice to see something other than Rota's or xxr's.
    Cheers Nash
    It is nice to have something other, ive not really been able to warrant spending the money for the wheels i want but managed to this time.

Came into a slight issue:

The brake pipe rubs the wheel slightly :/
    Managed to get it to miss but bit tight. Too tight though?

Rides
    The template for brake clearance usually suggests 3mm minimum clearance, 5mm ideally.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    The template for brake clearance usually suggests 3mm minimum clearance, 5mm ideally.
    So i guess options are:
    Grind caliper/reroute pipe
    Change brakes
    Change wheels

Rides
    why did you not go for 18's???

Rides
    why did you not go for 18's???
    Don't want 18's, wanted to go down the 17 route for a while. Tram lines too much and doesnt ride as well with 18's.

Rides
    fair enough. just thought with the 355mm sport kit, your pushing your luck with trying to fit 17s thats all.