Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: C.A.R.S. - New PC community funded game available

Rides
    Don't take my comment too literally - Next Car Game only recently came up for early access. The driving mode available when I tried my pad was literally the first public build.
    I have no doubt it will become more and more drivable on a pad with future updates - the latest did make changes to both car handling models and added some extra map-ability to controllers.
    I'd say the game is roughly where P-Cars was about a year and a half/two years ago - But with more carnage

Rides
    Cool, will keep it on my list then

Rides
    Have it

First official Project CARS trailer

(and yes, that really is all ingame footage, as in what you see when you're driving, not tarted up or 'bullshotted' as I believe the term is)

Cadwell Park was added to the drivable tracks last week. It's a VERY basic loft at the moment, so no trees or real detail, but it's great to drive it again in a sim. Other than that, things are moving along and the project is now close to entering Alpha state - it's been in pre-alpha since it was launched way back in October 2011 . Release is still set for Q4 this calendar year .

Rides
    That's a really nice trailer - I might almost stop playing Assetto and Kerbal enough to fire it up again for all the stuff I haven't played with yet

Rides
    Got a PS4? Want a decent driving sim, not some half-arsed 'collectathon' ala Gran Turismo? Then ladies and gents, feast your eyes upon this

Project CARS PS4 blog

All the screenshots on that page are 1080p and totally unmolested. The devs drove the cars, hit pause and took a screenshot. Zero downsampling, zero bullshit.

EDIT : Full 1080p pictures are now working from the blog.
    Last edited by Cluck; 01-05-2014 at 15:10.

Rides
    Those screenshots are outstanding. Can't fault the realism in the cars that are featured

Rides
    Came across the trailer during the week on FB and it looks epic. I for one cannot wait.

Rides
    Just a quick bump because I made this video last night. Got the idea into my head and I just had to get it out of my system

(and go easy, it's my first real attempt at video editing)

Rides
    You need to work on the sound levels mate - Otherwise a good first try
    (You should probably have used a V12 as well though )

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmet***asket View Post
    You need to work on the sound levels mate - Otherwise a good first try
    (You should probably have used a V12 as well though )
    Yeah I know, but it was just a bit of fun really. Turned out better than I thought in the end.

Rides
    Out of curiosity have you ever seen any of the GPL videos? Some have even featured in Film festivals over the years!

Rides
    Got any links FMG? Would be interested in seeing those.

Cluck, I really like your video but prob not for the reasons you'd think! I think it's the first one I've seen that gives a realistic impression of what the game would look like on my system. Most of the others are clearly running on monster spec machines or have had some kind of PP applied. Yours is just clean cut out of the box.

Still looks good, I particularly like the detail on the interior, the dash materials look right and the driver's gloves etc also look pretty realistic and grubby

I did also like the concept of your vid by the way but the 'honest' aspect of it is what hit me first

Rides
    I'll put links up to save a visual hi-jack

I'm amazed how hard it is to find the old vids in a semi decent quality - As a result I'll skip most of the ones that are on youtube purely because the poor quality ruins them (Guess I could raid my old PC's hard drive and re-upload a few at full quality some day)

I'll start you with something in a similar vein to Clucks video - Adrenaline - This one's HD so worth doing in full screen.

Second is possibly the greatest GPL video ever made - It's a good 7 years old or more so is almost entirely original graphics (And terrible resolution!) But I don't think I've ever seen game play from anything put to music as well before or since.

I'll have to upload Beauty and the Beasts for you - It's very good and shows the shear amount of improvements and work that had gone into GPL by the time it was made (About 2004/5) since then the community have carried on going - just search for the recent teaser video for the historically accurate version of Spa or for the Targa Florio release video!

The release video for the GPLEA's Clermont Ferrand was very good too - although the versions I can find are also rubbish quality

Rides
    Well. I'll be buying an Xbox One now!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Got any links FMG? Would be interested in seeing those.

Cluck, I really like your video but prob not for the reasons you'd think! I think it's the first one I've seen that gives a realistic impression of what the game would look like on my system. Most of the others are clearly running on monster spec machines or have had some kind of PP applied. Yours is just clean cut out of the box.

Still looks good, I particularly like the detail on the interior, the dash materials look right and the driver's gloves etc also look pretty realistic and grubby

I did also like the concept of your vid by the way but the 'honest' aspect of it is what hit me first
    The only graphics options that are turned down from the maximum are options that you can't see from inside the cockpit. It was recorded using MSI Afterburner, limited to 30fps (for Youtube), then exported from Sony Home Movie something or other (I downloaded the demo a) to see what it was like and b) to make that video!). As you have a NVidia card, which the game favours at the moment - because it's still not hit 'Alpha', let alone 'Beta' stage, so optimisation has yet to be done - you should be able to run it with everything maxxed out. You won't get 60fps when it's raining and with a full grid, but you won't be that far off.

Rides
    Just for you Del, this is some more raw unedited footage captured straight from gameplay from one of the members (it's posted elsewhere, so no problems posting it here too)

Resolution : 3840x2160
    DS4xAA downsampling (ingame option, not an external hack)
    Ultra everything else (in short, everything turned up to '11'!)

Frame rate was 30fps, limited by the CPU

CPU : Intel 4770K @ 3.5GHz
    GPU : 2x GTX780 Ti Windforce OC @ 1150mhz boost clock

Quite a bit of GPU grunt, but running that kind of resolution is going to need that kind of GPU horsepower - the DS4X downsampling means it's actually rendering every frame at double the horizontal and double the vertical display resolution - in this case, it means each frame is actually rendered at 7680 x 4320 . The game has been demo'd moving 1.5 billion pixels every second, which was 3 x 4K screens running at 60fps. That needed a 4-way Titan setup to achieve, but still pretty damn impressive .

I run with 2 items at 'High' instead of 'Ultra', at 1920 x 1200 with DS2X and it is mostly hitting 60fps in the dry - the 2 things turned down relate to reflections, which only really affects the reflections shown on other cars - I rarely see any of my bodywork except in replays as I drive almost entirely from a normal driver cockpit view . There are occasions, notably with the very complex 3D self-shadowing trees, where the frame-rate dips, but this sort of thing is in the process of being optimised, with, for example, fewer 3D trees used and better optimisation of the self-shadowing routines. In short, what I see when driving isn't isn't far off what you see in that video .
    Last edited by Cluck; 09-05-2014 at 12:35.

Rides
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

Indy 500 fully licensed

The track and ALL of the cars from the 2015 season are fully licensed .

Rides
    I love the totally unfussy HUD, you know your speed and your gear and that's all you need

Rides
    Who wants to see a video of Rene Rast driving Le Mans in a virtual version of the car he's going to race in real life in a couple of weeks? Of course you all do, so here you go

And in the words of Rene Rast himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Rast
    This is a short Video of the Oreca 03 Lmp2 in Le Mans. I cut off all the long straights to make the video a bit shorter

Yesterday my fastest laptime in real life was 3.40.170 and one day later I tried the same car in Project Cars and did a 3.40.110.

For me this is the best preparation for the 24h race as the car feels almost like the real Lmp2.
    Before anybody cries "well he would say that wouldn't he!", Rene paid to join Project CARS, just the same as everybody else . Oh and he's a pretty handy driver too .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Who wants to see a video of Rene Rast driving Le Mans in a virtual version of the car he's going to race in real life in a couple of weeks? Of course you all do, so here you go
    If you'd like to compare: