Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Website update

Rides
    I can't remember how it looked at the start but I actually quite like it now tbh I don't expect the website of any local tradesperson to look corporate or polished (excuse the pun!) so it provides some kind of weird comforting familiarity and makes me trust you more

I'm not saying it's sh*t just that it suits the kind of company you are, you're not trying to sell yourself as some huge big shot national organisation, just a bloke with a polishing machine which at the end of the day is what you are!

Rides
    Mike I'll have you know, I have four polishing machines

Thanks for your comments

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Mike I'll have you know, I have four polishing machines

Thanks for your comments
    lol, go go gadget arms!!

I say keep it honest and down to earth, a website isn't the be all and end all

Rides
    Have you built the site in Wordpress?

If you have, there's some really nice wordpress themes you could download for free that would make the site look much better!

Rides
    No it was built on VistaPrint.

Rides
    Where you have put "Why detail your car?" I would perhaps put 'Protection' first because it gives the impression that you're adding some value to the car, other than just looks. Remember, fear sells Without your detailing services the car is unprotected.

I think those three and photographs (Inc. 'Vette & Alfa) could do with changing for better, brighter/sunnier ones that look a bit more like a staged photograph rather than taken in a car park. They're fine for the 'Portfolio' section but for the front page I'd want something with a bit more of a wow-factor.

Regarding the layout, I'm not sure about the narrowness of it. The navigation menu bit on the left would look better if it was a row under the main heading IMO, then you could spread it out a bit, it feels a bit empty around the edges at the moment and feels like there is a lot of scrolling to get to where you want.
    Last edited by Silane; 14-12-2011 at 09:14.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silane View Post
    Where you have put "Why detail your car?" I would perhaps put 'Protection' first because it gives the impression that you're adding some value to the car, other than just looks. Remember, fear sells Without your detailing services the car is unprotected.
    That's a good point, and I should say about protecting the paint from UV light too.

I think those three and photographs (Inc. 'Vette & Alfa) could do with changing for better, brighter/sunnier ones that look a bit more like a staged photograph rather than taken in a car park. They're fine for the 'Portfolio' section but for the front page I'd want something with a bit more of a wow-factor.
    Hopefully I'll be able to take some next year when the sun comes back. I don't want the pictures to look too 'pro' though as I want to keep the pictures looking 'real'.

Regarding the layout, I'm not sure about the narrowness of it. The navigation menu bit on the left would look better if it was a row under the main heading IMO, then you could spread it out a bit, it feels a bit empty around the edges at the moment and feels like there is a lot of scrolling to get to where you want.
    Yeah I'm with you on that, I don't think there is much I can do within the limits of the VistaPrint site builder. It's also got to work well on many formats too, be it computers, tablets and phones.