Thread: Alledgely Codemasters has been hacked - Got any games?

Rides

Alledgely Codemasters has been hacked - Got any games?

Just be warned that alledgely Code Masters has been hacked, and that they are sending out emails saying they believe personal details may have been stolen, but no payment info. Also.. to change your passwords for any other associated accounts (such as gmail etc) as otherwise you may be compromised.

Rides
    Just got an email from them today

Important information regarding your account

Dear valued Codemasters customer,

On Friday 3rd June, unauthorised entry was gained to our Codemasters.com website. As soon as the intrusion was detected, we immediately took codemasters.com and associated web services offline in order to prevent any further intrusion.

During the days since the attack we have conducted a thorough investigation in order to ascertain the extent and scope of the breach and have regrettably discovered that the intruder was able to gain access to the following:

Codemasters.com website

Access to the Codemasters corporate website and sub-domains.

DiRT 3 VIP code redemption page

Access to the DiRT 3 VIP code redemption page.

The Codemasters EStore

We believe the following have been compromised: Customer names and addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, encrypted passwords and order history. Please note that no personal payment information was stored with Codemasters as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

Codemasters CodeM database

Members' names, usernames, screen names, email addresses, date of birth, encrypted passwords, newsletter preferences, any biographies entered by users, details of last site activity, IP addresses and Xbox Live Gamertags are all believed to have been compromised.

Whilst we do not have confirmation that any of this data was actually downloaded onto an external device, we have to assume that, as access was gained, all of these details were compromised and/or stolen.

The Codemasters.com website will remain offline for the foreseeable future with all Codemasters.com traffic re-directed to the Codemasters Facebook page instead. A new website will launch later in the year.

Advice

For your security, in the first instance we advise you to change any passwords you have associated with other Codemasters accounts. If you use the same login information for other sites, you should change that information too. Furthermore, be extra cautious of potential scams, via email, phone, or post that ask you for personal or sensitive information. Please note that Codemasters will never ask you for any payment data such as credit card numbers or bank account details, nor will Codemasters ask you for passwords or other personal identifying data. Be aware too of fraudulent emails that may outwardly appear to be from Codemasters with links inviting you to visit websites. The safest way to visit your favourite websites is always by typing in the address manually into the address bar of your browser.

Unfortunately, Codemasters is the latest victim in on-going targeted attacks against numerous game companies. We assure you that we are doing everything within our legal means to track down the perpetrators and take action to the full extent of the law.

We apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all customers who may have been affected directly.

Should you have any concerns or wish to speak to a member of our Customer Services team, please email them at custservice@codemasters.com.
    I don't think they would have had any personal info of mine though. I can't remember why they even had my email to be honest.

Edit: Looking through my email, it seems I registered for a beta update that never arrived for Jumpgate.

Rides
    If you've used the same password and email for CM that you use for gmail or anything else.. I recommend you change it :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
    If you've used the same password and email for CM that you use for gmail or anything else.. I recommend you change it :-)
    All it was, was just registering the email address for updates, no usernames or passwords

Rides
    Brilliant

Fairly easy fix against spam for me though as I'll just delete that e-mail address from my server. However, I can't easily protect myself against the fact that all the other personal information has been taken. Codemasters had lost a lot of my respect already but now I have absolutely no respect for them whatsoever. I'll vote with my wallet and avoid buying any of their games from now on .

Rides
    Jesus Christ developers, encrypt EVERYTHING please

Dave

Rides
    it seems like everyone is getting hacked, Nhs being hacked, psn, codemasters, these hackers need to get a real job.

Rides
    Yeah man, I'm with BigD. What a crock of shit it is hacking something that people game with. Fcuking w*nkers tbh these hackers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    it seems like everyone is getting hacked, Nhs being hacked, psn, codemasters, these hackers need to get a real job.
    No, the companies need to recognise that they need to sort out their fcuking security a bit better .

Rides
    Now Epic have admitted to a breach last week. Usernames (e-mail addresses) and passwords were stolen in an attack last week. So keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious with your e-mail folks. Anybody with an account on there will have been sent a new password by the way.

I can't help thinking that after Sony, Codemasters and Epic, Valve must be shitting themselves .

Rides
    I bet Steam has been targeted before, they have some big bouncers on the door for security but... no one's safe these days.

Still, we all throw shit at microsoft and yet somehow the biggest target in the world (surely) still manages to keep its networks running - must be doing something right most of the time hotmail hacks aside lol