Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: pick n mix s13!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Keep your head up. If you have to sell it now you could get a cheap daily. Then you could buy an S13 again when funds are better.
    Yeah was thinking about a cheap car to get me to work etc, can get a lift at the mo which is a bonus but it's put a stop to my overtime which I need! only problem is my wife's on the war path as she hates my car with a passion! Lol so you can imagine how this went down she's wanted me to get rid of it for 5 years so now she's got her excuse.

If I did break it I'd never be able to get another one or anything nice again as the money would just get spent on other stuff as I wouldn't be able to justify it, only reason I'd got away with it on this is because it was over a long period of time.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by steve109 View Post
    Ah man..

If you can and as long as everything looks normal when you take it apart a head gasket can be done pretty quickly, as long as you don't need a skim etc, I'd just do that.

For the life of me can't remember if I have a brand new one lying around at my parents, if I do I'll let you know and you can have it for postage tokens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start, engines are not something I'm good with, I could strip parts off it etc but taking the head off with the cam belt is a different matter. I feel so bad that I've had to spend money on it when funds are tight for this to happen 2 days after getting it back on the road, typical bad luck as always from me!

If I was to get to get it done then I would get it skimmed just to on the safe side plus I'd do the cam belt and water pump as well, would want it to be safe so I didn't gave to worry about it.........I'd like to know I could trust it once I'm in it and not think it was a half assed job (got plenty of that on the rest of the car! Lol )

And thanx man about the offer, your a true gent and I've never met you...............that's why I love this club and the whole s-body scene, would be gutted if I've got to leave it.

Going to have to have a good think about my next move and have a chat with the wife as she didn't finish work till late last night...............should be interesting to say the least, wish me luck!

Rides
    Right looks like I'm going to have to break this just not got the cash to fix it and I need a car for work.......... That said I still don't know what route to take after that as I'm still working it out but will keep this updated as I go along.

Not happy to say the least, tis a sad day.

Rides
    That's real bad luck mate. I definitely have a head gasket you can have. Its still in its bag and I'm pretty sure its an OEM one.

The trouble you will have with breaking it is that you won't get rid of a lot of the parts. I've been unable to give away a lot of the parts on the one I broke. Some parts you'll get good money on and others will trickle out of the door for a reasonable return but I reckon I've posted out something like 90 parts and, all in, I've made about 800 quid profit over 18 months. That's a pretty rubbish return given the amount of effort. The trouble is there aren't that many S13s to repair any more.

You might be best to sell it whole even with the blown head gasket.

Rides
    Awful news mate im so sorry!

Rides
    Just putting it out there... but there must be some guys local to u on here that. Could help a fellow member out! U have put do much hard work into this its proper depressing to see it broken or sold!

Rides
    Cheers for the support guys but just havnt got the £ or time to sort this, plus even if I did my wife says she don't trust it now and don't want to spend anymore money on it just for something to break at a later date to be fair it really needs a good overhaul which I'd love to do but it will never happen looking at trying to borrow some money to buy another car then break this to pay it back but it's looking more like I've to get a cheap run around for now.

Rides
    Bad news man, sorry to hear it

Rides
    Yeah it's pretty shit but life gets in the way sometimes, I loved every chance I got to drive it and enjoyed building it but it's out of my control now,will be posting up an advert in the breakers section when I get a minute (busy at work etc) and will probably put some bits in the parts section so feel free to let me know if anyone wants anything either on here or pm

Rides
    Why don't you shove it up for sale whole and see if it goes ? You may (but only may) get less money for it but you'll get the money up front which will help you fund your new motor.

Its got a fresh MOT, documented evidence of work done and all it needs is a head gasket. You may well find a buyer that has the know-how to fix the gasket so isn't daunted by the prospect.

Roadworthy S13s are very thin on the ground now, don't forget.

Advertising on here costs nothing. What have you got to lose ?

EDIT: You could even offer swapsies for whatever daily it is you want.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 15-09-2014 at 07:41.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Why don't you shove it up for sale whole and see if it goes ? You may (but only may) get less money for it but you'll get the money up front which will help you fund your new motor.

Its got a fresh MOT, documented evidence of work done and all it needs is a head gasket. You may well find a buyer that has the know-how to fix the gasket so isn't daunted by the prospect.

Roadworthy S13s are very thin on the ground now, don't forget.

Advertising on here costs nothing. What have you got to lose ?

EDIT: You could even offer swapsies for whatever daily it is you want.
    I thought about that but my car was let say a bit of a bodge job to be honest,never bothered me as I wasn't ever going to sell it! I wouldn't want to sell it and have come back later down the line............plus it would kill me to see someone else finish it😭😭😭 besides I might just sell enough bits to buy me another cheap daily or even something a bit nicer and keep the shell?? Maybe rebuild it at a later date? I mean it's just parts that can be put back? Just don't know yet, but once I put up a advert up then I'll be more certain on a plan.

Rides
    Don't forget people if there's anything you see on the car you want don't be afraid to ask, struggling with time at the mo to get the parts up in the for sale section (work and a little boy) but I will be soon so get in early! Lol

Rear lights and roof spoiler provisionally sold. And wheels on hold at the mo as I want to keep them.