Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: My S14a

Rides
    Slight update

last weekend as the weather was nice i decided to do the rear end of the car to check how bad the rust was, getting the bumper off was one of the little hardest parts but once it was off the car hasnt suffered to bad from the rust cancer so i gave it the usual wire brushes and deox-gel treatment then cleaned it all of ready for the zinc primer and stone chip, i will add that when i have finished the whole car it will be getting a whole layer of stone chip again followed by Bilt hambers wax undercoat to seal it but for now its just getting rid of the worse stuff

Also while the bumper was of i noticed that the number plate lights and fixings were totally corroded so i have ordered new fixings for the bumper which came in at £80 from Nissan and they are on back order also, once they come tho i will get them fitted ASAP

As always here are a few photo's i took
    [IMG]IMG_9220[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_9221[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_9222[/IMG]

Also gave the exhaust a good polish with some autosol metal polish, only did the back box tho
    [IMG]IMG_9224[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_9225[/IMG]

Thats all for now but i will keep you all updated on any further work.

thanks
    Last edited by ipnanobox; 01-12-2012 at 12:01.

Rides
    Hello all

It's been a while now since i have updated this and with this update i recently brought myself a new set of coilovers, i brought them from driftworks and they are the HSD Duel Tech coilovers for around £520 mark. I have to say that as soon as i got them out of the box i knew they were a lot better quality then the Apex ones they i had on the car originally, the springs are wider and the top mounts are much more supported with the rubber dampening for no rattle, they have made the car feel a lot better and they are really nice on the road, comfy as i have them set to fall soft but they can be adjusted to hard for when you want to take it on the track.

So i had them all fitted with new camber bolts for the front as mine have had it and i also fitted 25mm hub centric spacers on the front instead of the 15mm spacers i had on there originally and that has also stopped the steering wheel shaking at 70mph.

Of course i took a few photos, so here some for you all:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It was put quite low at first as my friends likes to slam cars but after i took it home and it scraped on the speed bumps and getting on my drive it needed to go up a little more as i like to just drive the car and not worry about what im going to hit all the time, yeah it looks good low but it doesnt really work in this country.

This was it after it was raised to a nice hight which it sits at now.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also took a couple of other photos while i was at it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So thats all for now, my next thing will be the clutch as the bearing is starting to make some noise now so that will be getting done soon so i dont get stranded somewhere in it but i will keep you all updated.

Please leave comments as its always nice to see people still liking the car

Thanks

Rides
    [IMG]My Car[/IMG]

[IMG]My Car[/IMG]

couple of old photos i found

Rides
    Looks amazing, good work!

Rides
    Hello everyone.

I Thought it was time for a update on this as I haven't been on here for Quite a while now now. Got quite a bit to do on the car itself as using it evevery day is waring things out, nothing major has been done on the car other than new discs and pads and service parts etc, the bonnet needs to be resprayed as thats totally gone now and with all the stone chips it defo needs doing soon. I will upload some new photos later on of how the car looks still for everyone to see, hopefully have the underneath done finally this year also, so still got quite a bit to do but it's getting there very slowly. Thanks you to everyone that has followed me and liked the car as it always good to have people behind you to keep on going as many people know.
    I'll keep you all updated on the progress.

Thanks SXOC

Rides
    always good to read up about your car Chris

Rides
    Hello all

Update on the car :
    Booked car in at my friends garage to have a service and a few bits sorted on it. The first thing i wanted sorted this time tho was the rust on the car, it didn't look to bad looking at it until my friend started digging This was the drivers side front turret after he finished:

[IMG][/IMG]

Also i knew there was bad bits at the rear on the sills but again i didn't think it was to bad until he started tapping it away and was left with this which is the supports for the rear subframe

[IMG][/IMG]

So was pretty gutted when i went down to see the car but my friend said it could of been a lot lot worse.
    So i left it with him to sort it all out which he got on straight away with and cut all the old rusty metal out and replaced it with nice new metal and then sealed so hopefully i won't have to worry about it for a long time so i can focus on the engine. Here are a few pics of the work carried out on the car, its nothing like Petrol's build thread as i don't have the time to have the car off the road as i use it everyday as some people know.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After it was all sealed and cleared of rust we went about shutzng the whole underneath of the car and here are some photos of that :

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am still having all the arms and subframes powder coated but that will be another time but just for now i wanted to make sure the body shell was good and solid which after it all being checked over it appears good and solid other than them little bits which are now sorted so I'm really happy with the car , i will upload a few more pics of the drivers side turret after i get the car back as its still being worked on.

Other bits I've had done are : Power steering pipe as it has been leaking for ages.
    Full service, spark plugs, oil & filter.
    Water outlet housing as that was leaking because of a snapped bolt.
    New dash trim as it was snapped around the CD player
    Nismo shifter to get rid of the short shifter of the gear box as the car had the clutch replaced recently with a Nismo Organic
    Also need to the prop end seal on the gear box as thats just started to leak

Cars on nearly 145k miles now and still going strong.

There is probably other bits thats getting done but i can't think of anything else at the moment but i will keep you all up to date.

Thanks for reading

Rides
    I cannot believe how clean your paintwork is mate!

Has it had a respray at some point? Mine is only on 90k and had 3 owners and the front end looks like shit!

Good work

Ry

Rides
    Thanks mate

It has had many machine buffs, so many that I've actually stripped the paint off the bonnet

You just reminded me tho that the cars going in for paintwork to be done in a weeks time

Yeah mate the car has had nearly every panel done other than the doors now but because i keep it so clean my spryer said its really easy to colour match

Thanks tho mate

Rides
    Hello all

Update on the car and all the rust has been treated and the bodywork has been sprayed and finished of now. Ive done a few little touches as well but i will have to get pictures soon. Here are some before and after shots:

Drivers side Turret - new metal in.
    [IMG][/IMG]

All smoothed in ready for paint.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bonnet before spraying (notice the white patches nearer to me)

[IMG][/IMG]

After getting it back from the body shop No more White on it anymore

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope you all like and like i say i will post more pictures up once i get some more but for now that is all i have. Thank you all for your help and support

Rides
    looking as great as always...keep it up

Rides
    Thanks for your comments, i have a few more little bits that i have brought for the car like Nismo shifter, new gators etc but for now here are a few photos that i have taken lately of the car.

[IMG]S14a by Chris-Mann, on Flickr[/IMG]

Paintwork still looking good after a few months.

350z Brembo's still doing well as well, really nice pedal feel with the braided lines.

Please leave comments and P.S sorry for my name all over the photos but they are off my Photo page

Thanks all and i will keep you all up to date

Cheers

Rides
    That's stunning . So clean and simple but massively effective!

Rides
    Thanks buddy, like i say there will be a few more little bits to add to this ass I am wanting to go to the next stage in power with it and just generally tidy a few things up as i use it everyday, will keep you all up to date

Rides
    Hello all it is with much regret that i am !!!!!!selling!!!!!!! my gorgeous Nissan 200SX s14a.

I will post it up in the For sale section on here but i thought i would say on my build thread.

Thanks everyone for your help, you've been a great bunch, i will really miss my car but i think I'm making the right decision

Thanks Chris

Rides
    What's next?

Rides
    Sorry its been a while since i updated this thread but i managed to trade my 200SX in for the next car that i've wanted since i worked for them. maybe not everyones cup of tea but i love them and have wanted one for ages.

I brought myself a Mitsubishi Evolution IX FQ320.
    48k miles, 2 owners from new and has all documented history, in lovely condition which was a must from going from the 200SX. Totally love the car, had it for just over two months now and throughly enjoying it.

[IMG]My Evo IX by Chris-Mann, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hope you lot like

Been a great bunch of people I've met on here and i want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me through the years.

Thank you all

Chris

Rides
    nice motor mate

Rides
    Thanks mate

Rides
    Looks very smart chris. Whats your plans?