17-09-2007 until 18-10-2020
SXOC Forum Rules - All Users Please Read Carefully
Welcome to the SXOC Bulletin Board. Please take note of the following.
SXOC.COM is a free site and is run by enthusiasts who are not paid to do so. Please respect the fact that the admin and moderators have a job to do.
Please read and take note of the following rules:
1. Images and Content - By posting images on the forum you give the club the license to use these images to promote the club and for club merchandise materials, unless the images are marked with copyright.
Please do not post images or content that is not suitable for this site. There is no age restriction on this site, so please dont post material in the public areas which wouldn't be suitable for a pre 9pm TV audience, discusses activities of a illegal or sensitive nature. This includes:
Any threads or posts of this nature will be removed without explanation.
- Items of a graphical sexual or violent nature.
- Street racing, drifting on the public road or illegal cruises.
- The security aspects of vehicles including information about circumventing the alarm system and/or immobilisers,
- Taking of illegal substances,
- Theft of copywritten material,
- Which car is faster threads (or versus threads)
2. Swearing - Although there are swear filters, please do not excessively use derivatives or disguised swear words. The filters are there to filter this stuff out and are not an invitation to try and get around them.
3. Advertising Trade and the Sale of Multiple Items - Please do not advertise a company or service in your signature or posts unless you are an Authorised SXOC Trader or it has been approved by SXOC moderators/Admin. Only Authorised SXOC Traders can post in the Traders forum. If you wish to become an Authorised Trader, please read The Trade Rules and contact the SXOC Trade Rep. This includes if you have multiple items for sale or wish to develop/manufacture an item to sell on the forums. Please also contact The Trade Rep if you wish to organize a Group Buy. The For Sale/Wanted Forums are not for chit-chat, please do not make comment on items for sale if you have no intention to buy.
4. Bullying - Most of us here are grown up enough to get on nicely with each other, but some like to make life difficult for others. This could be in the shape of prejudice or targeting a specific user or social group. SXOC.COM will not tolerate this.
5. Nonsense Posts - Please do not post for the sake of posting. People will enjoy a good joke, but a post with no meaning or interesting content is a waste of resources and other people's time.
6. Moderation - If a post you have made has been moderated, please live with it. Moderators do not edit posts for the fun of it and do not have time to justify themselves. Abuse towards SXOC.Comís admin or moderators will not be tolerated. If you have a serious enquiry about Forum Moderation please contact a Head Moderator. Please do not start a new thread/post asking why your previous thread/post was moderated as these will be deleted.
7. Signatures - People are here to see content not your signature. For this reason, please keep signature pictures to less than 30K file size and a physical size of 500x150. Text should be no more than 4 lines unless otherwise authorised. Do not use a font size larger than size 3. Text may not contain advertising unless approved by the admin staff.
8. Do Not Bump Old Posts - It is not acceptable to "bump" old posts in order to bring them to the top of the forum. This confuses users and brings up old views of people which they would prefer to be left in the past or facts that just are not relevant anymore. If there is a genuine reason for bringing an old thread to the top then this is OK. Continued bumping of old posts will result in a you being subject to the forum disciplinary process. This includes continuous bumping of for sale and wanted threads, you do not need to bump a thread every hour or so, once a day is more than sufficient.
9. Please refrain from using Txt 5p33k or slang - We expect a good level of English to be used and posts to be clearly written. This includes using words like m8, wud, da, dat and sum1 etc. This is very much an international forum that has many users where English isnt their native language so please bare this in mind before posting. Any posts using an excessive amount of nonsense words will be deleted and the user given a warning. Any further excessive use will result in the user being subject to the forum disciplinary process.
10. Posting - Please use the Search facility before you post - The majority of questions have already been asked and answered many times. Please post any question in the correct forum and only once. Multiple similar posts will be deleted.
11. User Accounts - Multiple user accounts are not allowed unless authorised by the moderators. Anyone found to be in breach of this rule will have all accounts banned.
12. Actions Likely to Bring the SXOC into Disrepute
You must not take any actions likely to bring the SXOC into disrepute. This rule includes, but is not limited to, your online conduct and your conduct at SXOC meets and events where you are representing, or likely to be viewed as representing the SXOC.
You are expected to drive in a respectable manner at meets and events and not act in a way likely to endanger life and property, or cause a public nuisance. At events you are expected to follow the rules of the venue.
Posts on other online forums etc where you may be viewed as a representative of the SXOC should not be inflammatory or otherwise likely to damage the reputation of the SXOC. Attempts to provoke confrontation with other car clubs, online or otherwise, will not be tolerated.
The SXOC committee and senior moderators will investigate any complaints of this nature and reserve the right to suspend or terminate your SXOC membership and/or access to this forum or take any other action felt to be appropriate if you are found to be in breach of this rule.
These rules are subject to change without warning.
Please do not send Private Messages to me.
Contact an appropriate member of SXOC staff.